SI.com: We’re here in Vegas for the Fantasy Football Super Draft, how long have you been playing fantasy football?
Dell’Abate: This is only my third season so I’m fairly new to it. We have a Stern Show league with a lot of the guys from the show. It’s myself, John Hein, who co-hosts “The Wrap-Up Show” with me, Will and Jason, who produce in the office, Steve Brandano from “The Intern Show,” Scott “The Engineer,” David Height who does “The History of Howard,” Jared, JD and Jerry O’Connell.
SI.com: You started being called Baba Booey 20 years ago for simply calling Baba Looey, Baba Booey. Do you think that first pitch is going to be with you just as long now?
Dell’Abate: Probably. Who knows? I never thought the name would stick with me that long but I love it. For the most part when someone calls me Baba Booey now it’s a term of endearment.
SI.com: Finally, Howard keeps hinting that he may retire soon, when that day comes is there a chance you might get out of talk radio and start producing a sports show?
Dell’Abate: Yeah, I love sports. I think Real Sports is probably the best show on television. It really is consistently good. It’s about sports and yet you don’t have to be a ports fan to like it. I find my wife watching it with me a lot even though she doesn’t care about the sports stories because they have such great human interest stories. It’s so well done. It’s probably my favorite show on TV right now so that might be a possibility.
1. Artie pondered about what conversations him and his dad would have if his father was still alive. He thought after he punched him in the face for doing drugs, he would ask him for $10,000.
2. The title of Artieâ€™s next book is a toss up between â€œComfortably Dumbâ€ (something his mom said) and â€œCollege is for Losersâ€ (something his dad said). Howard said he liked the later.
3. Artie accidentally said â€œDanaâ€ this morning when talking about Lisaâ€™s cooking.
4. Tonight Artie is throwing out the first pitch for the Newark Bears.
5. Artie admitted to having sex with Dana in a cab after going to the strip club with her.
6. Artie on the wrap up show said he considers switching camps because the Yankees are no longer a blue collar team.
7. He also said he never saw his own website.
- Quentin Tarantino In The News. 08/19/09. 6:00am
- Benjy’s Wrap Up Show Freak Out. 08/19/09. 6:10am
- Michael Vick Discussions. 08/19/09. 6:20am
- Leslie West’s New Wife. 08/19/09. 6:50am
- Various News Stories Discussed. 08/19/09. 6:55am
- Artie’s Pitch Seen By Dozens. 08/19/09. 7:05am
- Lisa G’s Howard 100 News Preview. 08/19/09. 7:15am
- Alexis Ford, The New Miss Howard TV, Visits. 08/19/09. 7:20am
- Charlie Murphy Visits. 08/19/09. 7:50am
- Perez Hilton Visits. 08/19/09. 8:35am
- A Caller Plays The Amish Game. 08/19/09. 9:25am
- Perez Hilton Answers Ham Hands Bill’s ATM Question. 08/19/09. 9:35am
- Howard 100 News, Wrap Up Show And Intern Show Previews. 08/19/09. 9:40am
- Robin’s News. 08/19/09. 9:45am
- Short Ronnie And Pete The Tourette Intern. 08/19/09. 10:05am
- More News With Robin. 08/19/09. 10:20am
- Wrap Up Show – Artie’s Pitch. 08/19/09. 10:55am
- Wrap Up Show – Ronnie And Benjy Freak Outs. 08/19/09. 11:05am
- Wrap Up Show – Perez Hilton Discussions. 08/19/09. 11:45am
- Wrap Up Show – Charlie Murphy, TMZ And More. 08/19/09. 11:50am